You know your ride is epic when:
August 27, 2007 § Leave a comment
– you eat your last gel (lemon flavor) and it tastes better than the best lemon meringue pie you’ve ever had.
– with ten miles to go you’re suddenly really thankful that a hornet stung you at the beginning of your ride rather than the end, because you know there’s no way you could get stung now without dissolving into a sloppy mess.
– for a full twenty-four hours you can’t stand up without your legs shaking like frightened chihuahuas.
– you have no interest in food (interest requires energy, which is seriously lacking at the moment).
– despite a tremendous amount of interest in sleep (interest which, somehow, does not require the energy which I currently lack), you cannot fall asleep at night.
– you wonder just how you’re going to be able to finish those few races you really, really want to do before you officially end your season, and finally admit that regardless of whether you finish them or not, your season ended quite a while ago.